LEE BRICE - LEE BRICE TEAMS UP WITH THE KNOT FOR THE KNOT DREAM WEDDING
TODAY MARKS THE WEDDING DAY FOR BOSTON MARATHON SURVIVORS WITH THE KNOT DREAM WEDDING
Second Annual The Knot Dream Wedding Couple, Rebekah Gregory and Pete DiMartino, To Marry at Biltmore on April 4, 2014
April 4th, 2014 – TheKnot.com, the number one wedding planning destination, today announces the wedding day of The Knot Dream Wedding. Now in its second year, the program followed one couple through every step of the wedding planning process with each element voted on by America. This year, TheKnot.com selected Rebekah Gregory and Pete DiMartino as the very deserving recipients of The Knot Dream Wedding.
Rebekah and Pete were at the finish line of the Boston Marathon cheering on Pete’s mother last year. When the bomb exploded, Rebekah’s first thought was to protect her son, so she shielded him. She has endured 15 surgeries over the course of the past year, as well as preparing for the upcoming amputation of her left leg. Pete lost 90 percent of his right Achilles tendon and suffered multiple broken bones in his ankle. He has undergone surgeries and months of physical therapy. Their shared experience as a result of the explosion and surviving their injuries brought them even closer together and strengthened their relationship.
Rebekah and Pete handed off all wedding planning decisions to America. Voting took place weekly on TheKnot.com/DreamWedding where people around the country voted for seven weeks on every element of the wedding, including the location, overall theme, bridesmaid dresses, hair and makeup, rings, cake, flowers and even Rebekah’s dress.
Since Valentine’s Day, thousands of people across the country tuned in to help Rebekah and Pete’s wedding dreams come true. Additionally, Lee Brice, an award-winning country artist, is providing the couple with his new song “I Don’t Dance” as their first dance. Rebekah and Pete will dance to the perfect wedding song, along with enjoying the winning wedding elements:
• Location: Asheville, NC, the couple’s favorite vacation destination, was chosen for the wedding among other cities that the couple has ties to, including New York, Boston and Louisville. A garden ceremony at Biltmore was chosen for its fairytale setting next to a real-life castle.
• Theme: The theme America chose is Enchanted Garden, a vision created by Marcy Blum of Marcy Blum Associates. With green and brown woodland colors, plus whimsical elements like hanging lanterns, this theme is a nod to Biltmore’s gardens.
• Rings: Classically Cool wedding bands were selected: a pavé diamond band for Rebekah and a titanium band for Pete, both by Michael C. Fina.
• Bridesmaid Dresses: Rebekah’s girls will don chiffon gowns in falcon, complete with a trendy sweetheart strapless neckline by Watters.
• The Dress: Rebekah will wear a gorgeous ivory fit-and-flare dress with beaded embroidery, a dropped-waist and sweetheart neckline by Sophia Moncelli for Kleinfeld Bridal.
• Flowers: The romantic and playful whimsical woodland centerpieces features a willow adorned tree trunk base and a secret garden of flowers in shades of pink, plus blooming cherry blossoms designed by Holly Chapple. All flowers are American grown from the California Cut Flower Commission and will play into the enchanted theme with shades of pink, lavender and peach.
• Cake: Cake Alchemy will create a masterpiece of delicate white ruffles, buttons and stunning peony sugar flowers to match the garden theme.
• Hair & Makeup: Rebekah came to NYC for a hair and makeup trial with Alli Web, founder of Drybar, and Kate Turner from Too Faced. The winning look will be revealed on the wedding day.
Today, America can tune in to watch the wedding take place at the Biltmore in Asheville, NC, live on TheKnot.com starting at noon EST.
Then they can tune in to hear Lee Brice perform their first dance "I Don't Dance" around 1:30pm EST.
About The Knot
The Knot is the nation’s leading wedding resource, reaching nearly every bride in America through the #1 wedding website, TheKnot.com; The Knot national and local wedding magazines; #1 wedding planning and fashion apps The Knot Wedding Planner and Wedding LookBook by The Knot; The Knot book series; syndication placements across the Internet and regular television appearances. The Knot is the flagship brand of XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO; http://www.xogroupinc.com), a consumer Internet and media company devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between, providing young women with the trusted information, products and advice they need to guide them through the most transformative events of their lives. Follow The Knot on Twitter @theknot.